Peach Pudding Cake
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 10 peach halves, fresh or canned
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 1 cup whipping cream
Sift flour, sugar, salt and baking powder together. Cut in butter until mixture resembles cornmeal; sprinkle over bottom and sides of greased 8 x 2-inch round ovenware cake dish. Place peaches, cut side up, over crumb misture.
Combine brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over peaches.
Bake at 400 degrees F for 15 mintues.
Combine egg yolks and cream; pour over peaches.
Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a knife inserted comes out clean.