- 1 pound black mussels
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1/4 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin seed
- 4 fresh Roma tomatoes chopped
- Chopped Italian parsley for garnish
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black peppe to taste
In large saute pan, heat oil and add garlic and seeds, stirring vigorously until garlic just starts to color. Add mussels and tomatoes. Cover and cook three to four minutes until mussels start to open. Add parsley, salt and pepper to taste.
This recipe yields 4 servings.