Flatbreads with Creamy Oregano-Flavored Ricotta and Olive Pesto
- For the dough:
- 1 3/4 cups plus 1 1/2 tbsp (250 g) Italian “oo” flour
- 1/4 cup plus 1 1/2 tbsp (80 ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) water
- 3/4 tsp (5 g) salt
- For the filling:
- 0.35 lbs (160 g) fresh ricotta
- 0.5 oz (15 g) fresh oregano, or about 2 tbsp plus 2 tsp
- 2.8 oz (80 g) black olive pesto, or about 3/4 cup
- 1 tbsp plus 2 tsp (25 ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- For the garnish:
- Mixed greens, as needed
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) extra-virgin olive oil
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 42mins
Mix the flour with the oil, water and a pinch of salt until a smooth and homogenous dough forms. Wrap it in plastic and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Heat the oven to 350 degrees. On a clean work surface, use a rolling pin or pasta machine to roll out sheets of dough about 1/16 inch (2 mm) thick. Using a fluted pastry wheel, cut out 3-inch (8 cm) dough squares. Transfer the squares to a baking sheet lined with parchment and bake for about 12 minutes.
Whisk the ricotta with the oil, oregano, olive pesto, salt and pepper. Spoon the mixture into a pastry bag and pipe a bit of filling onto a square of dough. Place another square on top, like a sandwich. Repeat with the remaining squares and filling. Garnish with mixed greens and drizzle with the olive oil.