Glazed Lemon Poppy Seed Cake
- 1 1/4 C. All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 sticks softened butter
- 3/4 C. sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 TBSP poppy seeds
- 1 1/2 C. powdered sugar
- 3 TBSP lemon juice
1. Place oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 375.
2. Butter a 9" cake pan.
3. Wisk together flour, baking powder, lemon zest, and salt in a bowl.
4. Beat together butter and granuated sugar in another bowl until pale and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Beat in eggs until combined, and reduce mix speed and combine flour mixture.
5. Transfer batter to pan and bake until a wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean and top is golden brown, about 30 minutes. Cool cake in pan on rack for about 5 minutes and invert onto rack.
6. Wisk together confectioners sugar and lemon juice in a bowl until smooth. Pour glaze over cake, spreading it with a spatula to drizzle over edge. Let stand until set and serve.