Open Face BLT
Ryan's favorite recipe! Delicious alternative to a regular BLT, or pizza. Can be made vegetarian for Russ, as well...simply leave off the bacon!
I've made these hundred's of times and they are always a hit!
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 1/2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons prepared yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons scallions, chopped
- 1 large loaf of french bread, cut in half and then lengthwise
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 5 slices bacon, cooked and drained, cut into small pieces
Mix together the cheddar cheese, cream cheese, Worcestershire, mayonnaise, mustard and scallions. Spread mixture onto each half of the french bread. Top with tomato slices and bacon. Sprinkle with a small amount of shredded cheddar cheese.
Line a half sheet baking pan with aluminum foil and let extra hang over all four sides. Place the four halves of bread on the baking pan and then fold the foil over the sides of the bread.
Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.