Granny Smith apples are a delicious mix of tart and sweet in this awesome Fall cobbler. Serve with whipped cream or a scoop of ice cream.
- Butter, for baking dish
- 6 cups Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and diced
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1 egg, beaten
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 75mins
Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly butter a 9 x 9-inch baking dish.
In a large bowl, mix together apples, sugars, flour, cinnamon, vanilla, salt, nutmeg and lemon juice. Add the mixture to the prepared baking dish.
In a medium bowl, combine topping ingredients and mix well with a wooden spoon to form a batter. Dollop the batter in various spots on top of the apple mixture. The batter will spread as it bakes. Put the cobbler in the oven and bake until the apples are tender and the crust is colored, about 30 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
You'll also love
- Caramel Apple Bread 4.5/5 (70 Votes)
- Oreo Dream Extreme Cheesecake 4.5/5 (72 Votes)
- Inside Out Caramel Apple Slices 4.5/5 (70 Votes)
- Caribbean Jerk Chicken Tenders 4.3/5 (86 Votes)
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars 4.6/5 (65 Votes)
- Crockpot Peach Cobbler 4.4/5 (66 Votes)
- Peach Cobbler Muffins 4.6/5 (52 Votes)