Mongolian Rack Of Lamb
- 4 lamb racks - (14 oz ea)
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped ginger
- 2 green onions chopped
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 4 lumps preserved bean curd mashed
- 4 ounces cooking sherry
- 1 ounce seasoned oil
- 1 teaspoon horseradish or wasabi mustard powder
- (may substitute wasabi with Italian seasonings)
Mix all ingredients above as marinade. Trim fat off lamb rack, slit between bones on the bone side, and take off as much fat and silver skin as possible. Rub marinade onto the racks and soak overnight.
Sear racks in hot skillet with meat-side down, then turn rack over to broil 6 to 8 minutes at high heat with meat-side up. Turn racks over and broil for 2 to 3 more minutes.
Mix the leftover marinade with corn syrup or honey and apply as glaze. Blast in high heat for 1 to 2 minutes.
This recipe yields 4 to 6 servings.
Specialty Recipe from The Blom House on Kensington, San Diego, CA Recipe provided by Szechuan Mandarin, 5855 Mission Gorge Road, San Diego, CA