- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, (about 8oz. each, pounded out 1/2 inch thickness)
- 1 1/2 tsp. Carrabba's Grill Seasoning (see separate post)
- 2 T Carrabba's Grill Baste (see separate post)
- 1 T extra virgin olive oil
- 10 oz. white mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups Carrabba's Alfredo Sauce (see separate post)
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- kosher salt & ground black pepper
- 1 lb. fresh fettuccine
- 1/2 cup (2oz)freshly grated Romano cheese, plus more for serving
- chopped fresh flat parsley for garnish
1. Prepare an outdoor grill for direct cooking with medium heat. Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add salt to taste.
2. Season the chicken breast halves with the grill seasoning, and brush on both sides with the grill baste. Let stand at room temperature while the grill heats.
3. Brush the grill clean. Lightly oil the grate. Put the chicken on the grill. Cook with the lid closed as much as possible, until the chicken feels firm when pressed on top about 10 minutes. Transfer to a carving board and let stand while making the sauce and cooking the pasta.
4. Heat the oil over medium high heat in a large skillet. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are lightly browned, 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the ALfredo sauce and peas and bring to a simmer. Cut the chicken across the grain into 1/2 inch thick slices and add to the skillet. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from the heat.
5. Add the fettuccine to the boiling water. Stir well to separate the strands. Cook,stirring occasionally, according to the package directions, until al dente. Drain well.
6. Return the fettuccine to its cooking pot.
Add the sauce and Romano cheese and toss with tongs until the pasta is nicely coated. Divided the pasta among 4 serving bowls.