Veal Medallions With Mushrooms, Marsala And Thyme
- 4 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 8 veal medallions - (2 oz ea) from rack or loin
- 2 ounces all-purpose flour
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 8 ounces domestic mushrooms quartered
- 8 ounces Marsala wine (may substitute any light sweet sherry)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter cold
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme leaves (or 2 tspns dry thyme leaves)
In a large 12- to 14-inch saute pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Dredge the veal medallions in the flour, season each with salt and pepper and saute until golden brown on both sides.
Remove veal to warm place and add mushrooms to same pan and saute until lightly browned. Add marsala wine and reduce by one third.
Add cold butter and place veal medallions in pan with mushrooms and wine. Bring to boil and reduce by one third. Add thyme leaves, stir through, season sauce with salt and pepper and serve immediately in large plate, pouring mushroom sauce over.
This recipe yields 4 servings.