Smoky Corn and Shrimp Chowder
Salty, crispy bacon and smoked paprika (available in the spice section of most supermarkets) flavor this creamy soup studded with sweet corn and briny shrimp. Arugula gives it color, bt parsley or spinach will work too.
- 4 ears fresh sweet corn
- 4 bacon slices
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 medium baking potatoes, chopped
- 5 cups 2-percent reduced-fat milk
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled (de-veined, if large)
- 4 cups baby arugula or other pepper y greens, such as mache or chopped and stemmed mustard or turnip greens
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from americanprofile.com
1. Cut corn kernels from cob. Scrape cobs with back of knife to release milk. Set aside.
2. Cook bacon in a large Dutch oven. Remove from pan, drain and crumble. Add onions, corn, salt, smoked paprika, and cayenne pepper to bacon drippings. Saute 10 minutes.
3. Add flour, whisking well; cook 2 minutes. Add potatoes and milk. Cook until thick and creamy, about 10 minutes. Add Add shrimp and cook until pink. Stir in arugula. Serve with crumbled bacon.
You'll also love
- Double chocolate BANANA muffins... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Lush 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Thai Turkey with Carrot-Basil Sala 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Red Curried Sweet Potato Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Baked Clam Oreganata 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Red Lobster Cheddar Biscuits 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Warm Spelt Salad with Shrimp 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Shrimp Scampi With Garlic, Red... 0/5 (0 Votes)