Lobster Wrapped In Cabbage With Buerre Blanc Sauce
- 3 lobsters - (2 lbs ea)
- 1 head cabbage
- 12 teaspoons melted butter
- 1/2 pound butter cut into cubes
- 4 shallots chopped
- 1 1/2 cups white wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Plunge the lobsters into a large pot of boiling water for 7 minutes. Cool under cold running water. Remove the meat from the shells and cut crossswise into 1/2-inch slices. Divide into 12 equal portions and reserve.
Take 12 large leaves from the cabbage and blanch them in a pot of salted boiling water until tender. Drain the leaves and dry flat on towels. Remove the large central rib from the cabbage leaf. Place on a work surface and overlap the two sides where the rib was removed to make a continuous surface.
Place the divided lobster on each cabbage leaf. Fold the cabbage leaf around the lobster to make a packet. Put the packets folded-side down in a baking dish. Put 1 teaspoon of melted butter on each packet.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine the wine and shallot in a stainless saucepan and reduce until almost all the liquid has evaporated. Add the cream and reduce until 1/3 cup remains. Strain sauce through fine cheesecloth and return to stainless pan.
Cook the cabbage packets in the preheated oven until warm about 5 minutes. Place the sauce over low heat and whisk in the butter cubes one at a time. Season with salt and pepper.
Place the cabbage packets on warm plates and surround each packet with sauce. Serve immediately.
This recipe yields 6 to 12 servings.
You'll also love
- Hot and Sour Mushroom, Cabbage,... 4.5/5 (170 Votes)
- Zero Point Weight Watchers Cabbage... 4.4/5 (163 Votes)
- Chipotle Shrimp, Black Bean-Quinoa... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- French Veal 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Rum Soused BBQ Shrimp 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Leeks, Sweet Peppers And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Smoked Delicata Squash With Apple... 0/5 (0 Votes)