Slow Cooker Red Beans and Rice
From Fix-It and Forget-It Cooking Light for Slow Cookers
Rate this recipe 0/5 (0 Votes)
- 1 medium-sized onion
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil or canola oil
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro or parsley, minced
- 3 16-ounce cans red beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 300mins
In a large skillet, saute onion, green pepper, and garlic in oil until tender. Or wilt the onion, pepper and garlic in the microwave for 2 minutes on high.
Add cilantro. Stir in beans, water, salt, cumin, and pepper. Transfer to slow cooker.
Cover. Cook on low 5-6 hours. Serve over hot, cooked rice.
You'll also love
- Ground Turkey Red Beans and Rice 4.7/5 (16 Votes)
Review this recipe