Kale Salad with Cranberry Vinaigrette
Super easy and healthy salad featuring kale, chopped hazelnuts, cranberry sauce and cranberry vinaigrette. Perfect for the fall season!
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts
- 1 bunch kale, about 1 pound before trimming
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, optional
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 25mins
Preheat oven to 375°F. Spread hazelnuts on a large rimmed baking sheet and toast until fragrant and lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a clean kitchen towel; rub vigorously to remove skins (don't worry if some remain). Allow to cool completely, then coarsely chop.
Remove tough stems from kale. Working with a few leaves at a time, roll into a cylinder; cut crosswise into thin strips.
Combine vinegar, mustard and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper in a large bowl. Whisk until salt has dissolved. Add cranberry sauce and whisk until well blended. Slowly whisk in both oils.
Add kale and nuts to bowl with dressing; toss well. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with dried cranberries, if desired.
You'll also love
- Barbecued lamb with sweet mint... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Vegan Cheezy Asparagus Lemon Pasta... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Low Carb Chocolate Coconut... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Radish Sandwiches 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Sugar Cookie Easter Egg Nests 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Leek, Spinach, and Potato Soup 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Bruschetta with Shrimp, Tarragon... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Cranberry Pumpkin Seed Energy Bars 4.5/5 (4 Votes)