Zucchini Stuffed With Lamb And Mint
- 4 medium zucchini
- 4 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 1 medium Spanish onion finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 1 pound ground lamb crumbled
- 2 eggs
- 1 bunch fresh mint leaves picked, left whole
- 1 cup Basic Tomato Sauce (see recipe)
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Trim zucchini and cut in half lengthwise. Using a spoon or a melon baller, remove a canal down center of each zucchini half, leaving 1/4-inch all around and the ends closed. Roughly chop the excess zucchini flesh and set aside.
In a 10- to 12-inch saute pan, heat olive oil until just smoking. Add onion and garlic and cook over medium-high heat until softened, about 6 to 7 minutes. Add zucchini pieces and crumbled lamb and cook until lamb is cooked through, about 10 minutes. Drain fat from lamb mixture and place in a large mixing bowl. Add eggs, half of the mint leaves and the Basic Tomato Sauce and mix well.
Season both the mixture and the zucchini boats with salt and pepper. Stuff the lamb mixture into zucchini boats and pile high. Place in an oven-proof baking dish just large enough to hold the 8 pieces and sprinkle with bread crumbs. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until crisp on top and remove. Serve warm or at room temperature with a chicory salad and sprinkle with remaining mint leaves.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Zucchini Panzotti In Sage Butter... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Ziti With Spicy Pesto Pantesco And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Zampone With Potatoes And Balsamic... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Warm Terrine Of Sausage, Peppers,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Warm Salad Of Duck Confit With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lamb With Honey And Cumin 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Bunuelitos De Caballo De Angel -... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sauteed Snapper With Zucchini,... 0/5 (0 Votes)