Recipe by Drew Barrymore from People Magazine
- 1 box ( 8 oz. container) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch arugula
- 1/4 cup plus 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (4-6 oz.) halibut steak fillets
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp. butter
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 25mins
1. In a medium bowl, toss the tomatoes, onions and arugula leaves. Set aside.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Set aside.
3. Place a halibut fillet between two sheets of plastic wrap.
Using a meat mallet or rolling pin, gently pound to 1/2 in. thickness. Repeat with second fillet.
4. Remove fillets from the plastic wrap. Dip each piece in the beaten egg wash, then coat with the bread crumbs.
5.In a large skillet or frying pan, melt the butter and 1 Tbsp. olive oil.
When the pan is hot, add the fillets and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove from heat.
6. Place one fillet on each plate, and top with a generous helping of salad. Mix the reserve balsamic dressing before pouring and drizzle on top.