Lentil and chorizo stew
- 1 onion finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 leek finely sliced
- 2 sticks celery, finely diced
- 2 small carrots finely diced
- 2 x 400g cans whole peeled tomatoes
- 200 ml red wine
- 400g can lentils
- 700 ml chicken stock
- 500 g chorizos
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from taste.com.au
In a large pot fry garlic, onion, leek, celery and carrots until soft. Add tomatoes and cook until mixture begins to stick to bottom of pan.
Add wine and cook until liquid is reduced by half, then add lentils and stock.
Cook for about 20 minutes on a low heat.
In a separate pan fry the chorizos. When part cooked remove from pan and slice them to about 3cm slices and fry again until cooked through. Add to the stew and cook a further 10 minutes.
Season to taste.
You'll also love
- Southwestern Orzo Salad 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Taco Burger Sliders 4/5 (13 Votes)
- Easy Banana Pudding 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Miso Mushroom Zucchini "Ramen"... 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Fricassee Of Beef 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Sausage, Cabbage & Root Vegetable... 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
- Chopped Corn & Black Bean Mason... 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
- Kiolbassa Crockpot Quinoa, Sausage... 4.2/5 (15 Votes)