- 3 (8 oz) skinless boneless chicken breasts, cut in half lengthwise
- 1/3 cup flour
- 3 TBS vegetable oil
- 2 TBS butter
- 8 oz fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup sherry
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 6 slices Muenster cheese (1 oz each)
- 3 TBS chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
Adapted from cookingwithsugar.com
1. Preheat oven to 350°F
2. Season both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper, then dredge lightly in flour to coat both sides. Shake off excess.
3. Add oil to frying pan and brown chicken in batches on both sides. You don’t need to cook the chicken completely. It will finish cooking in the oven. Transfer the chicken to a 9×13-inch baking dish.
4. Add the butter to the frying pan and let it melt over medium high heat. Add mushrooms, season with salt and pepper, and brown mushrooms until golden. Then add the sherry and cook for another minute or two. Add the creamy mushroom soup and milk and mix well.
5. Pour sauce over the chicken breasts, cover with foil and bake in oven for about 30 minutes. Remove from oven and top each piece of chicken with one slice of Muenster cheese. You can fold the cheese in half if it is too wide for the breast.
6. Place chicken back in oven uncovered and broil for 1-2 minutes to brown the cheese. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool. Top with chopped fresh parsley and serve.
Makes 6 servings. Each serving = 11 Weight Watchers points.