ROSEMARY BALSAMIC SKIRT STEAK
Nutritional analysis for each serving: 322 calories, 31 g protein, 8 g carbohydrates, 0 fiber, 19 g fat, 6 g saturated fat, 358 mg sodium
- 1 1/4 pounds skirt steak, cut in four portions
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1. Season the steak with the rosemary, salt and pepper; press the seasoning lightly into the meat.
2. Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat; add the steak and cook about 3 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer to a cutting board and cover loosely with foil.
3. Lower the heat to medium and add the vinegar to the hot skillet, taking care to pour away from you (it may sizzle and splatter). Increase the heat and bring the vinegar to a boil; continue boiling, stirring once or twice, until it becomes thick enough to coat the spoon, about 5 to 6 minutes. Remove from heat.
4. Cut the steaks across in thin strips; fan the strips on a plate or platter and drizzle with the balsamic syrup. Makes 4 servings.