Esquites (Mexican Street Corn Salad)
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 4 ears fresh corn, shucked, kernels removed (about 3 cups kernels)
- Kosher salt
- 2 TBS mayonnaise
- 2 oz feta or cotija cheese, finely crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 TBS fresh lime juice
- Cayenne pepper to taste
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 15mins
Adapted from seriouseats.com
1. Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat until shimmering. Add corn kernels, season to taste with salt, toss once or twice, and cook without moving until charred on second side, about 2 minutes longer. Continue tossing and charring until well-charred all over, about 10 minutes total. Transfer to a large bowl.
2. Add mayonnaise, cheese, scallions, cilantro, garlic, lime juice, and cayenne pepper, and toss to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and more chili powder to taste. Serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings.