Grilled Shrimp Bruschetta With Salsa Fresca
- 12 shrimp peeled, deveined
- 1 French baguette sliced 1/2" pieces
- on the diagonal
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh herbs (basil, thyme, rosemary)
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 2 large vine-ripe tomatoes chopped
- 1 jalapeño diced
- 2 tablespoons diced red onion
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 12 cilantro sprigs
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Combine 3 tablespoons olive oil, 1 tablespoon garlic, and chopped, fresh herbs. Dip baguette slices into marinade briefly and grill until golden. Set aside.
Saute or grill shrimp 1 minute or until done. Combine tomato, cilantro, jalapeño, and red onion with 1 tablespoon olive oil and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper.
Arrange 3 slices of grilled baguette on 4 plates and top with shrimp and salsa. Garnish with fresh cilantro sprigs.
This recipe yields 4 appetizer servings.