Pinterest: Knock Your Socks Off Cornbread
- 4 eggs, separate yolks from whites
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 cups flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- 1 cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x13 baking pan.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the egg yolks, milk, vanilla, and melted butter. Stir until combined.
3. Add in the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Stir until just combined.
4. In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
5. Fold into the cornmeal mixture and stir until just combined.
6. Pour batter into prepared 9 x 13 baking pan.
7. Bake for 26-28 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center.
8. Remove from oven and allow to cool about 5 minutes before slicing and serving.