Herbed Apricot-Pecan Stuffing
Change it up this Thanksgiving with this amazing Herbed Apricot-Pecan Stuffing recipe! The perfect blend of savory with a touch of sweetness, this stuffing will for sure get people asking for seconds.
- 16 cups crustless bread, 1/2-inch cubes
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 4 ribs celery, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup dried apricots, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- Salt and pepper
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 110mins
Preheat oven to 300°F. Spread bread cubes in a flat layer on 2 baking sheets. Toast, stirring often, until dried but not browned, about 20 minutes. Transfer to a bowl; cool completely.
Increase oven temperature to 375°F.
Melt butter in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add onions and celery; sauté until softened but not browned, 3 to 5 minutes. Add sage, parsley and thyme. Pour in broth, increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Remove from heat; cool slightly.
Add eggs to bowl with bread cubes; stir to coat. Pour in broth mixture; stir in apricots and pecans. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 3/4 teaspoon pepper. Spoon into a greased 3-quart baking dish. (Can be done to this point up to 2 days ahead. Cover and chill. Bring to room temperature before continuing.)
Cover with foil; bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil; bake 20 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes; serve.
You'll also love
- Avocado and Tomato Grilled Cheese... 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Pineapple Angel Food Cake 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Apricot Vinegar, Fig, Sweet... 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Holiday White Fruitcake 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Keto Fudge 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Turkey Posole 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Bread Machine Wheat Rolls with... 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Apricot Angel Brownies 4.6/5 (7 Votes)