Flying Cloud Crabmeat Strata
- 7 slices white bread lightly toasted, and buttered
- 1 1/2 cup grated Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 1/4 cup diced red pepper
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 cup whole kernel corn
- Crushed red pepper to taste
- 8 ounces fresh crabmeat
- 5 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
Butter an 8- by 12-inch glass baking dish. Cut toast into cubes. Layer on bottom of baking dish. Layer in cheese, vegetables, and crabmeat on top of bread cubes. Repeat for a second layer.
In large bowl, beat remaining ingredients together. Pour evenly over layered ingredients. Cover with plastic or aluminum wrap, refrigerate overnight.
Remove in morning, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake one hour, or a little more until a knife inserted comes out clean.
This recipe yields 6 servings.