Pasta Frittata With Potatoes And Chives
- 1/2 recipe Basic Fresh Egg Pasta dough (see recipe)
- 2 tablespoons Salt
- 1 Russet potato boiled, peeled, and cut 1/4" cubes
- 1 medium red onion cut 1/2" dice
- 4 ounces olive oil
- 8 jumbo eggs whisked (extra-large will do as well)
- 1 bunch chives snipped 1/2" pieces
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Bring 6 quarts water to boil and add 2 tablespoons salt. Set a large mixing bowl of cold water near the sink.
Roll the Basic Fresh Egg Pasta dough thinly and cut into 3/4-inch ribbons. Drop the pasta into the boiling water and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until tender but al dente. Drain pasta in colander over sink then toss into the cold water and cool 3 minutes. Drain pasta from cold water and set aside.
In a large ovenproof skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat, saute the onion and potato until golden brown about 8 to 10 minutes. Add pasta and heat through about 2 minutes more.
Mix the eggs and chives together in a bowl and season well with salt and pepper. Pour the eggs over pasta-potato mixture and shake pan to distribute egg mixture evenly. Sprinkle grated parmesan cheese over frittata and remove pan from burner. Place pan in the preheated oven. Cook 10 to 12 minutes until the eggs have set and the top is golden brown. Remove from oven and serve immediately.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Paglia E Fieno With Prosciutto,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Orange Caramel Flans 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Orange And Olive Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Monkfish With Hazelnuts, Almonds... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Linguini In A Scallion Arrabiata 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Linguine With Black Olive Pesto 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cornish Hens With Pomegranate And... 0/5 (0 Votes)