Chocolate & Cherry Granola Bars
Chocolate and dried cherries make these granola bars taste more like a special treat! Easy to make, and much more delicious than packaged granola bars.
- 2/3 cup liquid honey
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups quick oats
- 1/2 package pecan pieces, chopped
- 1/2 package slivered almonds, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried & sweetened cherries, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 40mins
Preheat oven to 350°F and line an 8-inch square cake pan with two criss-crossing pieces of parchment paper that overhang the pan slightly to create handles; set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk honey, butter, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and salt until smooth. Fold in remaining ingredients, mixing well to coat evenly.
Press mixture firmly into prepared pan and bake on the center rack for 22 to 25 min., or until golden. Cool before lifting from pan with paper handles. Cut into 18 bars and serve or store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.
You'll also love
- SKEWERED ASIAN STICKY CHICKEN... 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Pork Chops with Apples and Onions 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Heirloom Tomato Caprese Salad with... 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Chocolate Raspberry Truffle... 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Cherry-Chip Bundt Cake 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- California Pizza Kitchen Copycat... 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Apple-Cherry Dump Cake 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Chex Mix Puppy Chow 4.8/5 (4 Votes)