Orange And Olive Salad
- 6 oranges, Seville variety
- 2 lemons, Meyer preferred
- 4 icicle radishes
- 2 bunches baby watercress
- 12 black olives pitted, sliced
- 1/2 red onion sliced paper thin
- 10 mint leaves cut chiffonade
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-cracked black pepper to taste
Zest, peel and segment oranges and lemons and set aside zest. Slice radishes into paper thin rounds and set aside.
Toss oranges, lemon and watercress together in a bowl and arrange on a large plate. Arrange olives around perimeter, sprinkle with onions, toss mint around border and dress with lemon juice, cumin, cayenne and olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and cracked black pepper. Serve.
This recipe yields 4 servings.