Perfect Toscana Soup
I took what i liked from two different Toscana Soup recipes. The result is this mouthwatering version!
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 (14.5 oz.) cans chicken broth
- 1 1/2 pounds potatoes, halved and sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 1 cup heavy cream or half and half
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 35mins
Into a heavy bottomed soup pot or Dutch oven add the sausage, onion, red pepper, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and the black pepper. Stir occasionally over medium heat until sausage is completely cooked. Add the garlic and cook for one more minute. Add the chicken broth, potatoes, and the other 1/2 teaspoon salt. Simmer for 10 minutes. Add the kale; simmer 10-15 minutes more. Remove from heat; add cream and stir in completely. ENJOY!