Eggs With Potatoes In Salpicon
- 2 chicken eggs
- 1 pound tiny new potatoes
- salt to taste
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons tiny capers, non pareil
- 2 tablespoons chopped cornichon pickles
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 1 scallion sliced very thin
- 2 tablespoons chopped roasted pepper
- 1 tablespoon hot paprika
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
Place eggs in 4 cups cold water and bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute and remove to ice bath for 5 minutes. Peel and shell and set aside.
Meanwhile, boil potatoes in salted water until just tender, drain and cut into quarters and place in a mixing bowl, still warm. Add olive oil, vinegar, capers, cornichons, mustard, cumin, garlic, scallion, roasted pepper, paprika and parsley and stir well to coat.
Divide potato salad among 4 plates. Cut eggs in half, place over potatoes and serve.
This recipe yields 4 servings.