Crabmeat And Corn Bisque
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 quart crab stock see * Note
- Kernels from 2 ears sweet corn
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 pound lump crabmeat
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup finely-chopped green onions
* Note: For crab stock, combine 2 quarts water, 2 medium onions (quartered), and 5 medium-sized hard-shell crabs and cook 45 minutes.
Melt butter in a 5-quart saucepan; add flour and stir until flour begins to stick to pan. Add crab stock; bring to boil, stirring constantly, then simmer 15 minutes. Add corn and simmer 15 minutes more.
Pour in cream and stir well. Gently add crabmeat. Remove from heat and let stand 15 minutes for flavors to blend.
Reheat gently to serving temperature. Season to taste. Just before serving, add green onions. To hold for serving or reheat, use double boiler.
This recipe yields 4 servings.