Christmas Cherry-Berry Pie
Festive and flavorful cranberry sauce adds seasonal flavor to this all-time favorite cherry pie. Prepared pie dough and cherry filling make it easy!
- 1 (21-ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 can (16-ounce) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca, uncooked
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pastry dough for 2-crust 9-inch pie
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 80mins
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Combine all ingredients except butter and milk; let stand 15 minutes.
Divide pastry in half; set one half aside.
Roll half the dough out and line a 9" pie plate. Add filling mixture. Dot with butter.
Roll remaining dough into a 12-inch circle; cut into 3/4-inch wide strips.
Lay strips on pie at one-inch intervals; fold back alternate strips as you weave crosswise strips over and under.
Trim crust even with outer rim of pie plate. Dampen edge of crust with water; fold over strips, seal and crimp.
Brush lattice with milk.
Bake 40 to 45 minutes, covering edge of crust with aluminum foil after 15 minutes to prevent browning.
You'll also love
- Turkey Empanadas 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Harvard Beets (Diabetic) 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Watermelon Breeze 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Old-Fashioned Pound Cake 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Citrusy Fig & Almond Jam 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Antipasto Tray 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- paula deen's strawberry shortcake 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Cinnamon Cake with Cinnamon-Cream... 4.1/5 (44 Votes)