Crab Cakes II
- 1 pound crab meat either fresh or LUMP
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons Hellman's mayonnaise - (generous)
- Paprika to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Mix egg, Worcestershire sauce, parsley, mustard, mayo, and spices in bowl. Add crab meat (after sorting for shell but avoiding break-up of lumps) then bread crumbs. Mix gently with fork. The mixture is quite damp but cakes are formable. Refrigerate a while.
Heat oil (3/4 inch deep) in skillet until water droplets spatter. Fry cakes until golden brown on one side (about 2 minutes); turn and fry another 2 minutes. Drain well on paper towels.
This recipe yields ?? servings.