Olive Oil and Orange Cake
This cake is best served with gelato and a drizzle of new oil or your favorite sweetened fruit sauce.
- 6 medium oranges
- 2 1/4 cups bread flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 75mins
Preheat the oven to 350° F. Oil a 9-inch round cake pan.
Remove the zest from the oranges and juice one of them. Set fruit aside for another use. Sift the flour and baking soda together onto a piece of waxed paper.
In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs and salt together with an electric mixer until frothy and light, about 2 minutes. Slowly add the sugar, continuing to mix 2 minutes longer. Add the flour and baking soda gradually to the egg mixture, then mix 1 more minute.
In another bowl, combine the olive oil, orange zest, and juice. Using a spoon, stir it into the egg mixture, folding just until combined. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Invert onto a wire rack.
Cool to room temperature, cut into wedges, and serve with gelato and a drizzle of new oil or your favorite sweetened fruit sauce.
You'll also love
- Poor Man's Lobster 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Breakfast Grilled Cheese with Ham... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cauliflower Falafel with Spicy... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cinnamon Chip Pumpkin Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Skillet Turkey Meatballs with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- chalet suzanne's broiled grapefruit 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Florida Orange Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Apple Spiced Olive Oil Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)