Spaghetti with Zucchini
Lo Scoglio in Positano, Italy is one of Katie Lee's favorite old restaurants. After a recent trip to the Almafi Coast, she came home with the best possible souvenir: a recipe for Lo Scoglio's famous zucchini pasta. "The owner said it wouldn't be the same because we don't have their zucchini in the States," says Katie, "but I think it's about 98 percent there!"
- Kosher salt
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 2 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 6 fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1/3 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese, plus more for topping
- 1/3 cup grated pecorino cheese
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the spaghetti and cook until al dente, 9 to 11 minutes. Reserve 1 cup pasta water, then drain the pasta.
Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic; when it begins to sizzle, add the zucchini and saute for a couple of minutes. Add 1/4 cup of the pasta water and cook until the zucchini is tender, about 5 minutes. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt and half of the basil. Remove the garlic.
Add the pasta to the skillet along with about 1/2 cup of the reserved cooking water; shake the pan vigorously, adding a little more cooking water if the pasta looks dry. Cook, tossing, until the liquid is absorbed, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the parmigiano, pecorino and the remaining basil; toss. Top with more Parmesan.
You'll also love
- Mongolian Shrimp Recipe 3.9/5 (15 Votes)
- Maine Sea Scallops in Black Tie 3.8/5 (11 Votes)
- Pumpkin Custard Ice Cream 4/5 (18 Votes)
- P.F. Chang's Spicy Dip for Fried... 3.6/5 (43 Votes)
- Fried Patty Pan Squash 3.5/5 (53 Votes)
- Chicken Pad Thai Zoodle Bowls 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Zucchini-and-Mozzarella Flatbread 4/5 (4 Votes)