Sante Fe Salad with Chili-Lime Dressing - Weight Watchers
Tangy Southwest inspired salad that can be put together several days ahead of serving. The key is to store it layered until ready to toss with dressing for serving.
2 points /8 servings
- 6 tablesppoons reduced-calorie mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, fresh, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 medium scallion, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 15 ounces canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups cooked corn kernels, fresh or frozen
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into thin strips (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 8 cups romaine lettuce, cut into thick shreds (about 2 hearts)
To make dressing, in a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, cilantro, water, scallion, lime juice, sugar and chili powder until smooth. Transfer to a jar or a plastic container with a tight-fitting lid and refrigerate until ready to use.
In a large bowl or food storage container, layer remaining ingredients in order listed; cover and refrigerate.
To serve, spoon salad ingredients into a bowl. Shake dressing and then drizzle dressing over salad; toss well to coat. Yields about 2 cups of salad and 1 1/2 tablespoons of dressing per serving.
NOTE: Storing this salad in layers (instead of tossing it immediately) and keeping the dressing separate, helps to keep the salad fresh. It can be stored up to 4 days in the refrigerator.