Mosticco - Autumn Fruit In Red Wine
- 2 bottles Spanish red wine
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 walnuts shelled, and roughly chopped
- 1 pound pumpkin cut 1" cubes
- 2 firm pears quartered, seeded, skins left on
- 8 dried figs
- 2 firm apples cored, seeded, and quartered
- 12 wine variety grapes
In a 6-quart saucepan, bring wine, sugar, cinnamon and walnuts to boil and reduce by half. Add pumpkin, pears, figs and apples and return to boil. Lower heat and simmer 1/2 hour.
Add grapes and simmer 15 more minutes. Allow to cool and serve at room temperature.
This recipe yields 8 servings for dessert.