Goose With Olives And Verjus
- 1 goose - (6 to 7 lbs)
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- Flour for dusting
- 4 tablespoons duck or goose fat
- 1 fresh garlic head broken into cloves
- 2 large Spanish onions cut 1/2" slices
- 1 cup green olives from Toulouse
- 1 cup Verjus unfermented grape juice (usually clear or pink)
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup red wine grapes halved, seeded
- 1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley
Cut goose into 12 pieces, season with salt and pepper and dredge the pieces in flour. In a 14-inch saute pan, heat goose fat until smoking and brown goose pieces, 4 at a time, until each is dark golden brown.
Remove and add garlic and onions and saute until light brown, about 8 to 10 minutes. Add olives and verjus and reduce by one half. Add goose pieces and stock and simmer covered for 45 minutes.
Uncover, add grapes and simmer for 4 to 5 minutes. Add parsley and serve with "Cepes A La Bordelaise" and "Sauteed Potatoes In Goose Fat" (the recipes for which are included in this collection).
This recipe yields 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Gigot D'Agneau Boneless Leg Of Lamb 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Gambas A La Plancha - Shrimp With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Eggplant Timbales 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Duck And Prune Terrine 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Swordfish Ravioli With Olive Pesto 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Stuffed Goose Breast With Caraway... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Smoked Goose Breast With Pear Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)