Cortina Crab Cakes
- 2 pounds crab meat (snow crab is best) drained
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 red onion diced
- 2 pieces celery diced
- 2 tablespoons old bay seasoning
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 2 eggs
- 15 saltine crackers
Combine everything except crab and saltines. Slowly add mixture to crab while mixing well. Add smashed saltines. Be sure to only add enough of the mixture to bind crab meat. It should not be soggy.
Form crab cakes and cook in saute pan on stove or in a hot oven. Great to top a salad with.
This recipe yields ?? servings.