Grilled Sirloin and Blue Cheese Salad
Lean sirloin steak sits atop a bed of fresh veggies for an easy weeknight main dish salad. Top with crumbles of rich blue cheese to bring out the bold flavors in the homemade vinaigrette.
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 3/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 lb lean sirloin steak, trimmed
- 2 TBS white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 6 cups chopped lettuce
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced peeled cucumber
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 2 oz crumbled blue cheese
Adapted from myrecipes.com
1. Combine chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper; rub evenly over both sides of steak.
2. Heat a grill to medium-high heat. Cook steak until medium-rare; let stand 5 minutes. Cut across grain into thin slices.
3. Combine vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Gradually add oil, stirring with a whisk. Combine lettuce, cucumber, and shallots in a large bowl. Drizzle vinaigrette over salad; toss gently to coat. Top salad with steak and blue cheese.
Makes 4 servings.