- 1 1/2 lb cooked, cold potatoes
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup potato flour
- Small amount of milk
- 1 egg
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup seasoned croutons
- 2 Tsp butter
1. Rice or mash potatoes
2. Mix into potatoes the flour, potato flour, egg, & enough milk to make dough that holds together when formed into dumplings.
3. Form dumplings, approximately 2" in diameter. Enclose 1 crouton into each center. Wet hands to make it easier to form the dumplings.
4. Drop each dumpling into pot of boiling, salted water. Simmer gently, uncovered, about 15 - 20 minutes.
5. Remove with slotted spoon & serve immediately