Butternut Squash White Bean Stew
- Find more recipes with:
- Butternut Squash-White Bean Stew Recipe
- Photo: Mark Boughton; Styling: Teresa Blackburn
- Printer Friendly Version
- Do you like to print recipes and add them to your collection? You're in luck. Use our printer friendly version of this recipe.
- add to my recipe box
- butternut , squash , bean , stew , olive
- Rate this Recipe
- How would you rate this recipe? Click on the corresponding star to register your vote.
- 12345 .Want to comment?
- If you want to post a comment on this recipe, please visit our message boards.
- A 2-pound whole squash yields about 4 cups of cubes. Look for tomato paste in a tube, so you can use a tablespoon at a time. Serve with cheese toast.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup slivered onion
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced celery
- 3 cups mushrooms, halved
- 4 cups cubed, peeled butternut squash
- 1 (14-ounce) can diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (15-ounce) cans Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- Chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley (optional)
1. Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion, celery and mushrooms. Cook until vegetables start to brown, about 8 minutes.
2. Stir in squash, tomatoes, garlic, water, tomato paste, rosemary, salt and pepper. Mix well. Cover and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat and simmer until squash is tender, about 25 minutes. Uncover, stir in beans and simmer until stew consistency, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley, if desired. Serves 8.
Recipe by Jean Kressy
Per serving: 150 calories, 4g fat, 0mg chol., 5g prot., 24g carbs., 7g fiber, 420mg sodium.
You'll also love
- Broccoli Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Orange-Parsely Butter 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Braised Beef with Red Onions 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sauasage & Lentil One Pot 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lentil Barley Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Butternut Squash and Sage Pizza 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pumpkin Gingerbread Banana Soft... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- pasta with butternut squash, sage,... 0/5 (0 Votes)