Swordfish Paillard With Leeks And Grapefruit
- 3/4 pound center-cut swordfish cut into 4 pieces
- 1/8 about 1/8" thick each
- 2 large leeks darkest green
- removed, cut into 4" julienne
- Zest and juice of 1 pink grapefruit
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil plus
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons black mustard seeds
- Zest and segments of 1 pink grapefruit
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Place swordfish paillard on 4 separate plates, cover each with plastic and place in refrigerator.
Bring 2 quarts water to boil, add 1 tablespoon salt and set up a handy ice bath in an 8-quart mixing bowl. Drop leek julienne into boiling water and cook until tender, about 1 minute. Remove leeks and plunge into ice bath to cool, about 1 minute. Remove from ice bath, drain well and set aside.
In a small mixing bowl, stir together grapefruit zest and juice, mustard, olive oil and mustard seeds until lightly emulsified. Remove swordfish plates from refrigerator and uncover. Place in preheated oven and cook 30 to 45 seconds, until just opaque. Remove and place on counter.
Dress leeks with remaining oil and lemon juice and divide among 4 swordfish plates, making a pile in the center of each. Place 3 grapefruit segments on each plate and sprinkle with zest. Drizzle with sauce and serve warm.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Pan-Seared Swordfish with Creamy... 4.7/5 (18 Votes)
- Pear Capriccio With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Peaches In Primitivo Syrup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- 'Tomato Time' Tart 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Swordfish Niçoise 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Rick Bayless' Grilled Salmon Vera... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Crab-Spinach Souffle 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Green And Yellow Beans In Lemon... 0/5 (0 Votes)