Mascarpone Buttercream Frosting
- 1 container of fresh Mascarpone Cheese
- 1 stick salted butter
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Balsamic Vinegar Syrup
- (Balsamic vinegar on the stovetop)
- 1 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
1. Combine Mascarpone Cheese and butter in a mixing bowl.
2. Beat cheese and butter until light and creamy.
3. Add vanilla and then lemon juice.
4. Add powdered sugar and continue beating until smooth.
5. Once frosting is prepared, pipe onto completely cooled cupcakes.
6. Top with Balsamic Syrup and fresh, ripe strawberries.
Balsamic Vinegar Syrup
1. Combine ingredient in a heavy small saucepan.
2. Bring to a boil slowly until liquid is reduced to 1/2 cup, about 10 minutes.
3. Once the syrup has reduced remove from heat and cool.
4. Pour small amount over frosted cupcake and top with half strawberry, or hulled strawberries.