Butternut Squash with Blue Cheese and Sage
Butternut squash is a favorite ingredient in the fall and winter months, and it pairs with sage and blue cheese in this delicious, hearty bake.
- 2 pounds butternut squash, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 slice white bread
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided (2 teaspoons / 2 teaspoons)
- 2 cups onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 2 ounces crumbled blue cheese
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Steam butternut squash, covered, 10 minutes or until tender.
Place bread in a food processor, and pulse 12 times or until coarse crumbs measure 1/2 cup. Transfer to a small bowl; add 2 teaspoons oil, and toss with a fork to combine.
Heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add sliced onion to pan; sauté 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Transfer the onion mixture to a large bowl. Add butternut squash, chopped sage, salt, and black pepper to bowl, and toss gently to combine.
Spoon squash mixture into a 7x11-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes. Sprinkle crumbled blue cheese evenly over squash mixture, and sprinkle evenly with breadcrumb mixture. Bake an additional 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and crumbs are golden brown.
Makes 6 servings. Each serving = 2 Weight Watchers points.
You'll also love
- Kale White Bean and Sausage Soup 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Carrot-Banana Muffins 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Bunny Sandwich Cookies 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- *Pumpkin Bread 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Miso-Glazed Turnips 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Spaghetti Squash Crust Pizza 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Butternut Squash Mac & Cheese 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Iowa Corn Casserole 4.4/5 (8 Votes)