Cheesy Squash Casserole
- 6 cups diced yellow squash (and/or zucchini, if desired)
- 2 TBS canola oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 TBS butter
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 4 oz grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup crushed butter crackers, e.g., Ritz (about 24 crackers)
Adapted from food.com
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Saute squash in oil over medium-low heat until it has completely broken down, about 15-20 minutes. Line a colander with a clean towel. Place cooked squash in colander. Squeeze excess moisture from squash. Set aside.
3. In a medium skillet, sauté onion and garlic in butter for 5 minutes. Remove from pan and mix all ingredients together except cracker crumbs. Pour into a buttered casserole dish and top with cracker crumbs. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
Makes 6 servings. Each serving = 8 Weight Watchers points.