Cajun Benedict With Andouille Sausage And Crawfish Tails
- 11 eggs
- 4 dozen crawfish or crawfish tail meat
- 4 English muffins
- 2 Andouille sausage links - (8" ea)
- 1/2 pound salted sweet cream butter
- 3 ounces white wine
- 1 onion
- 1 red or yellow pepper
- 1 celery stalk
- 1/2 ounce Texas Pete or Tabasco red pepper sauce
- 1/2 ounce lemon juice
Cajun Benedict: Cook Andouille sausage by baking in oven at 375 degrees for ten minutes each side. Split down center and cut in half.
Meanwhile, steam crawfish and remove tails for use (save one or two whole for garnish on each plate and save broth for poaching eggs). Poach 2 eggs for each serving in the remaining broth.
Serve 1 piece of Andouille over one half of toasted English muffin and a dozen or so crawfish tails over the opposite half. Top each with a poached egg and Creole Hollandaise.
Creole Hollandaise: Melt 1/2 pound butter in small sauce pot and set aside to cool. Small dice 1/2 red pepper, celery stalk, and 1/2 onion. Using a few tablespoons of the melted butter, sweat down (saute) the diced vegetables until softened.
Separate 3 egg yolks into a stainless mixing bowl and add white wine. Heat over medium flame while whisking rapidly until ribboned. (In order to keep eggs from scrambling, keep the bowl turning and scape all sides of the bowl as you whisk. The egg yolk and wine emulsion should not smell scrambled. On electric cooktops I recommend using a double boiler. This is slower and safer than direct heat. Allow the emulsion (sabayon) to cool for a minute or two before proceeding.)
Check the temperature of the melted butter. To proceed, it should be warm but not hot to the touch, 90 to 110 degrees. Slowly incorporate the butter in a thin stream while whisking rapidly. Stir in the vegetables when they are also warm but not hot. Stir in Texas Pete or Tabasco sauce and lemon juice.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Sweet Potato Black Bean Casserole 4.3/5 (20 Votes)
- Bacon Wrapped Cream Cheese Stuffed... 4.2/5 (28 Votes)
- Caramelized Brussel Sprouts with... 4.1/5 (26 Votes)
- Paleo Lobster Eggs Benedict with... 4.3/5 (17 Votes)
- GRILLED SHRIMP WITH GARLIC (GAMBAS... 4.3/5 (17 Votes)
- Crunchy Salmon Taco Bites (David... 4.3/5 (17 Votes)
- Smoked Salmon Patties 4.2/5 (22 Votes)
- Seafood Boil with Corn, Potatoes... 4.4/5 (11 Votes)