These muffins are a great cross between carrot cake and banana bread and have a nice, subtle sweetness.
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut, shredded
- 3 large eggs
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, cubed and softened
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/4 cup dates, pitted and chopped
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 3/4 cup walnuts, chopped
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 55mins
Adapted from pamelasalzman.com
Preheat oven to 325°F. Lightly oil a 12 cup muffin pan or line with paper liners.
In a large bowl, mix together the almond flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and coconut. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, bananas, butter, honey, and vinegar. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ones. Fold in the dates, carrots, and walnuts. Divide the batter among among the muffin cups.
Bake for 40 minutes, until golden brown or a skewer inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Since there is no actual flour, the muffins will not rise significantly. Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes, then turn out the muffins onto the rack anklet cool to warm or room temperature.
You'll also love
- Maple Grilled Salmon 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Bunny Sandwich Cookies 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Easter Bunny Rabbit Cake 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Cheese & Onion Sandwiches with HP... 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- French Onion Soup with Cheesy... 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Spinach Salad with Apples and Bacon 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Chicken - Caribbean Bar-B-Q with... 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Mandarin Pasta Spinach Salad with... 4.4/5 (8 Votes)