- 4 (3 oz) center cut beef tenderloin medallions, trimmed of all fat and pounded to 1/2" thick, chilled
- 1 1/2 oz clarified butter
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 TBS shallots, chopped fine
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup mushroom caps, sliced 1/8" thick
- 1 TBS fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp dry mustard powder
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 oz brandy
- 1 TBS chopped fresh parsley
- 1 TBS chopped fresh chives
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat 1 TBS butter in a small sauté pan over medium heat for 1 minute. Add the steaks; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Increase heat to medium-high and sauté exactly 2 minutes on each side. Remove to a plate and chill for 5 minutes.
2. Preheat large sauté pan over medium heat for 1 minute. Add butter, then add Worcestershire sauce to the butter. Place the shallots, garlic, and mushrooms in the center of the pan with the steaks around the edges. With a spoon, stir and toss the mushroom mixture. After 2 minutes, add the lemon juice, thyme, parsley, and mustard powder.
3. Cook steaks to the desired degree of doneness. Then add the heavy cream and chives. Tilt the pan slightly and pour the brandy into the front edge of the pan. Turn the heat to high and let the flame catch the brandy's vapors and ignite it. Swirl slightly, turn off the heat, and let the flame go out.
4. Serve each medallion on a plate topped with sauce from the pan.
Makes 4 servings. Each serving = 5 Weight Watchers points.