Baked Stuffed Haddock
- 15 haddock filets - (6 oz ea)
- 1 pound crab (lump crabmeat)
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 1/2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay seasoning
- 2 cups regular bread crumbs
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- SAUCE BEURRE BLANC:
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 1 pinch flour
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 pound soft butter
Mix all the ingredients of the stuffing together. Portion into 2 ounces and roll up in the haddock filets. Place in buttered casserole dish. Drizzle with white wine. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
For the Sauce: First saute the shallots. Add the pinch of flour and the wine. Reduce by half. Gradually add the butter, whisking constantly. Strain and pour over the haddock after it is baked.
This recipe yields 15 servings.