Bacon Weave BLT
Makes: 4 hearty sandwiches
- 12 slices of bacon, halved crosswise
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped tarragon
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 8 slices multigrain sandwich bread, toasted
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 2 Persian or hothouse cucumbers, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- 4 small Bibb lettuce leaves
- 1/2 cup mixed sprouts, such as radish, sunflower and alfalfa
Adapted from freep.com
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
For each lattice, weave 6 strips of bacon, 3 in each direction, on the prepared baking sheet.
Set an ovenproof rack upside down on the bacon to keep it flat.
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, depending on the thickness of the bacon, until browned and crisp.
Remove the rack, then transfer the bacon lattices to paper towels to drain.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise with the tarragon and lemon juice.
Season with salt and pepper.
Spread the tarragon mayonnaise on each slice of toast.
Arrange the sliced avocado, cucumbers and tomato on 4 slices of the toast and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Top with the bacon lattices, Bibb leaves and sprouts.
Close the sandwiches and serve.
You'll also love
- Herbed Cheese Au Gratin Potatoes 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
- Mushrooms Berkeley 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Turkey Meat Loaf - Rachael Ray 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Onion-Dijon Pork Chops Recipe 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Smokey Chipotle Pork Chops 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Pork Medallions with Fennel and... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
Review this recipe