Award-Winning Spicy BBQ Shrimp
- 12 fresh medium-sized shrimp
- 1 small jalapeño pepper
- 12 strips bacon
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 4 bamboo skewers soaked in water
- 1 green onion thinly sliced
- Additional barbecue sauce
Shell shrimp, leaving tail intact. Make a shallow cut lengthwise down the back of shrimp; wash out and devein.
With rubber gloves, remove seeds from pepper and cut into 12 slivers. Make a shallow cut into the underside of each shrimp and insert a piece of pepper. Wrap each shrimp with a bacon strip. Thread 3 bacon/shrimp bundles onto each skewer, leaving a small space between bundles. Baste with barbecue sauce.
Grill uncovered over medium coals for 4 to 5 minutes. Turn, baste, and grill an additional 4 to 5 minutes or until bacon is crisp and shrimp has turned pink. Serve on a lettuce-lined plate with onion and additional barbecue sauce.
This recipe yields ?? servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (814 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (738 Votes)
- Easy & Healthy Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (194 Votes)
- Garlic Shrimp 4.5/5 (182 Votes)
- Blackened Grilled Tilapia 4.5/5 (143 Votes)
- Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (140 Votes)